Sunday, May 25, 2014

Stuff


This week has been a challenge in that it has been hard work without
too many results but with some TIGHT miracles to finish off the week.
I'll tell you about them, don't worry

This week we also had a meeting with elder Ballard. Yeah, the one from
the twelve. So that was pretty cool. Three missions got together and
had the opportunity to get some counsel from the big man on campus. He
pulled some "general, authority" jokes about being a general authority
and as the cool kids say--spit some mad truth. He said many things
that were impactful to me and gave specific counsel on how I can
change and be a better but more importantly than that is the spirit
that is brought about when we have the opportunity to hear from anyone
who has keys for us, as we say so much. I had some of the same
instances I will explain recently with the area seventy for our
region, my mission president and my bishop.

During the meeting I was sort of in a thoughtful state where deep
reflection about every thing started going on, and eventually after a
little time the revelation tunnels started to open up and goodness
started seeping into me. Along with a few other experiences I have had
recently I have really been able to recognize how God communicates
with me on a very frequent level. It isn't always in the way I want
right now, but it is communication. I am really grateful I am figuring
that out. I am also just really figuring out missionary work. I think
I really know now exactly how I should do it. Recently with my efforts
to get there I have just scraped the surface on what I can work on but
have gotten soooooo much better.

So cool stuff. The cool part is the chain reaction. Last week I felt
like I should call the assistants to do exchanges with us, because
having started from scratch have been struggling to get things going,
especially because we have been asked to focus so heavily on members,
whom we don't know... So elder Macias, who has served in this area
before swapped with elder ladewig. While here he was here he felt like
we should visit this random less active guy who didn't have much to do
with what were doing, then another random day I felt we should go and
visit him. His house was way out of the way but we went anyways, we
found an awesome family then and set a return appointment. We went
back for the return appointment and they had bailed... That was a
bummer but in return we met a kid who is so prepared it is crazy. He
is ready for the gospel and has already started reading. I am excited
to watch him progress.

So that is most of what is going on. 

EJB

No comments:

Post a Comment