Monday, February 16, 2015

Week of Feb 16--Cold

I am on the metro riding into tysons to get picked up to go to the
temple today. We are going to do baptisms for the dead with some
recent converts of ours over the past little while. Hopefully we will
be able to get some good pictures. It will be cool to go and do the
baptisms for the dead, I have not done them for a loooong time. It
will be even cooler to go there for the first time with some of our
friends who have recently been baptized.

This week has been a good one. Most of my high moments were connected
to the spirit being recognized in retrospect, seeing it work in others,
or having directly touch me.

First thing. I was on exchanges for the day with Elder Jared Oran,
whom you know. He asked me to prepare and share with him a little
about following the spirit all the time. I was finally able to
recognize and understand all the times that I have been guided by the
spirit in my mission and how often the spirit actually did guide me
before my mission in various circumstances. It was cool to make that
connection and be able to apply how I will be able use that same
direction in my life when I will be home.

I was able to go back to a previous Ward to participate in the baptism
of two HOMIES: Sonia and Miguel. I baptized Miguel and that was cool,
but the really great thing was that after he came out of the water and
we were changing he said. "I felt something really different when I
came out of the water. I felt really good and could only think about
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I think it was the spirit." Elder
Clark and I said, yeah it was! That was pretty cool.









Last thing. During sacrament meeting a family we have recently started
visiting who has been totally inactive for a year or two came and was
happy to be there. The whole family came, even the crazy kids. I sat
with them and tried to help tame the kids so they could get through
sacrament meeting. As I was talking with them another family who has
been inactive for the past two years came and sat down on my other
side. I was really excited for them. During the sacrament I felt
something special. That was cool. It definitely was just as satisfying
to help them get there back in the game as helping someone be
baptized.


Moral of the story--
I am glad I can recognize the spirit.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship
one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us
from all sin.

I like that, and I can feel it


Love//


Elder Bigelow

Ps. Waiting in the metro today was COLD. It was 10 degrees and windy
everyone was dying, especially that girl in the far right.



No comments:

Post a Comment