Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ruts

Fam Bam(EVERYONE)
 
This week
 
Ruts are the worst, I feel like I am stuck in one a little bit. Plenty of things have been changing around us, the ward, the iPads, the district, all sorts, but I don't think I am changing enough as of recent. It is interesting how we become comfortable with ourselves the way we are and slow our changing. I am not a bad person by any means, but I am not where I want to be. Somehow, however, I lost sight of that mission. Not completely, but partially. Because of that I am not progressing, changing, developing, etc. in the way and with the speed that I want to. Do not worry however because I have recognized it and have identified what to do to change it. That took some personal analyzing and some thought but in retrospect, I understand. How do you stay out of your ruts, how do you keep progressing? The thing that has done it for me this time is a deeper thinking and reflecting on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is my gift to conquer the things that hold me back from achieving my divine potential. That is big. One of the most powerful tools that brought that about was a series of videos by Elder Christofferson called Daily Bread. There are three of them;connecting our daily bread and sustenance ultimately to the bread of life, Jesus Christ. Through him all is achievable and all is conquerable. Will you watch those three videos for family home evening and then identify what you(us) as a family can change to more fully live, breath and think the necessary pattern to access the atoning power of Jesus Christ? When you do that will you let me know the specific changes you will implement so I can be a part of any that I can from this distance? If you do, I will give you your next family home evening activity as well! It involves fire, so maybe only for adults...But I love it!
 
 
 
Okay, so enough of serious stuff, YOU GUYS GOT THE NEW RECORD FOR BEST PACKAGE EVER. Thank you so much, everything was and still is perfect. Especially the amount of Chocolate going on, also the cookies, well just everything. I am going through the yoga "practices" now, following Mr. Yee's every word.
 
It has been snowy and stuff recent so I haven't been getting as much running in as I would have like to otherwise because my comp doesn't really love running and can't ride a bike on the ice. That will one thing I will be glad for after my mission. I can run by myself! But, you do know me, I would prefer to run with people. That is another thing, I still love people. Good people are a lot better than everything else in the world. Coming right behind them though are still: good skis,good cars, good bikes, good shoes, good clothes, good gadgets and fancy food. So, I haven't left everything in the dust, priorities have just been jumbled.
 
How was meeting Obispo Magleby? Weird? I talked to him about it yesterday, he showed me a picture, it looks like you guys had a good time. He reminds me a lot about spencer, which is great. Tell them I miss them and love them too.
 
Nothing insanely out of the ordinary happened this week missionary work wise, other than iPads are the best tool ever. My goal is to make something insanely out of the ordinary happen this week.
 
Last thing (I think, unless I think of something else), I have chosen a Goal and a Motto for this week. I am going to continue to do that for a while and then tell you guys about it. Please, if I don't do it, remind me to.
 
Goal. Be properly exhausted at the end of every day
Moto. No average days
 
So, yeah. By the way, I don't really like the word motto too much, so if you have some cool sounding synonyms let me know.
 
I love you all bunches and bunches/
 
//Elder Jonny Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment