Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My goal for this last week is "leave it all on the court." I want to
work as hard as I can until the moment I leave. I will still say
goodbyes, but that won't be the focus. My focus is and will be the
work, and I want to be remembered by how I worked rather than
something else.

Some great news for this week is that the ENTIRE R family
finally has a date for baptism. Their goal is the 24th of May. I am so
happy that they are really figuring it out. There are still going to
be a couple more bumps in the road but all will come along if they
exercise their faith. Even though I won't be here for the preparations
right up to their baptisms, I will hopefully be able to come back and
see their smiling faces when they break out of the water. That will be
cool.

Thinking about the ways one can gain a testimony of things; this
watching of the fruits grow in others has strengthened me greatly. I
see people become their true selves all the time when they more fully
embrace the gospel. I see it in myself when I apply and live gospel
principles. I have been guided to do what is right, work righteously,
walk humbly and judge correctly. For these examples I believe in this
church and in this gospel, and my knowledge comes slowly. As I
specifically ponder study and pray, my knowledge comes slowly, but
surely.

Recently I have been feeling a welling up of focus and desire within
me to truly be an excellent missionary in every way. A drive for
excellence is something that I sometimes waver in. It is also
something, that when I have it I never want to lose. I am so grateful
for the things that are going on right now that are helping me become
great. I never want to be JUST good; I want to be great, truly
tremendous. I want to be like that in everything I do, not just as a
missionary, though right now that is surely the most important. I am
still trying to figure that out though...I'm a work in progress I'll
let you know when I'm done!

Mother's Day. I love you a lot! I have planned ahead and everything
and am hoping things come together so I can finally send you something
on time for once. If I don't though, please don't hold it against me.
The whole skyping thing has not been mentioned yet by anyone so I
don't know what the game plan is for that. As soon as I know I will
let you know. It should be similar to Christmas, but this time I will
have my own skype account. So most things for that are still TBD.

Cool things
.i am getting noticeably better at basketball. AKA the shoes worked!!
.i can really actually speak Spanish now. Grandma really has to talk
to me hard core.
.i have 68 cents in my mission bank account
.i have absolutely no clue where I am going to go in my next transfer
nor who will be my companion.
.often times Hispanics try and fool you with hot dogs as real meat
.i love my Jesus calendar that I got for Christmas, I also use the
ironman spatula bout every morning
.i am STOKED to get a gym at the next apartment I go to. Not having
one has been rough

Alright, I am sorry I am a bad emailer and you all are so good. I love
you lots! Send me a couple questions next time and I will answer them.

Last last thing I promise. do you have kneeling regular family prayer?
Being who I am now and as I look back I wish I would have had that
opportunity and habit. The extra meaning kneeling prayer has taken on
for me has impacted me a lot, especially with those I deeply care
about. I like it especially when you pass the prayer from one to
another if you are doing it in a group. If you are not, will you start
now before Julia gets too old to start the habit? In Oli's words
πŸ’—πŸ’—COMMIT TO DO IT AND DO IT πŸ’—πŸ’— a common problem I have seen is
finding a time to do it. The best solution I have seen is choosing a
time, say 8:30 PM, where most people should always be home and then
make sure everyone always tries to be home at that time. If not
everyone is there, those at home can do it. Overachievers can
conference call in. That is cool

For real though-- LOVE YOU

Elder Jonny BigelowπŸ”πŸ°πŸ”πŸ°πŸ”πŸ»

No comments:

Post a Comment