Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I love being a missionary!


 
Highlights of missionary love this week.
 
-We had just finished making all the calls that had confirmed that all our hopes for appointments  had fallen through (again, its okay, the story gets better). So we said a little prayer asking for some help from the Big Man as usual. We thought about it considered our options and then decided to go check on a guy who we had set up an appointment with for previous week which had fallen through. We had a great conversation about language and its interactions with our lives. We were going to have a lesson about the language of the spirit, but that fell through. We weren't sure about his address but we knew which row of buildings it was in so we started buzzing all the "b's" and "d's" because that is what we thought he had told us. As we were finishing buzzing the apartments and talking to a few people in the street who comes out? Luis. Lookin good and smelling better. He was on his way to a party but saw us and said, "Hey, que estan haciendo por aqui?" We told him, looking for You! We had a nice little chat and set up another appointment up for tonight. I will tell you how it goes next week.

-I am officially out of an ipad. It was taken away last Thursday and I am being a real missionary with paper scriptures until I depart. It is weird to go back after being so used to studying on the ipad. It makes things so much faster and more convenient. I will have a phone when I get home, so I only have to endure for a little w hile. The good news is that in reality I prefer the actually reading in a real book.
 
-We have been talking to a lot of english people and it is a wonderful new experience and challenge. There are a ton of americans in most of our area and very few hispanics so we have been trying to reach out to them a lot more while we are en route to find our Hispanic friends. It is something that in all honesty gave me fear at the beginning and throughout much of my mission but now it is something I love. Talking to your own people, even if they are often losers is extra gratifying in a way.
 
-We also had the opportunity to go to the sealing of Brandon and Daphnee. They are some of our best friends and we were pumped they finally went to the temple. Brandon was baptized right before I started my mission. He and Daphnee received their endowments last week and sealed on saturday. I have been buggin them about it since the day I met them! They are some of the best friends I have made.


 
I have been thinking a lot about Romans 8 this week. Specifically verse 16 but also the rest of the chapter. It has caused me to repent often. I more frequently evaluate where my standing is and how I can feel better about myself. Kick the carnals butt! Become something better
 
I have to roll. I love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment