Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Heyo'


Heyo`
 
That is spanish for Heyo`. Mostly that is just english for hey, yo-whats up. So hey, yo, whats up. I often go through these thought processes with notes in my planner. I write down little things that help me remember a bigger idea through a chain of thought that I have to work through that my companion does not understand at all. So often as I ask him about things I have to ensure I am not just asking about the weird notes I have. Like I write down "Ant" for a family we visit, which doesn't really make much sense but it connects for me. Luckily I catch myself and understand how weird it is and he is patient with me and lets me think out-loud to get to the point, so we remember things.
 
Anyways,
 
This past Friday we had the oportunity to listen to S Giffor Nielsen. Do you remember the "Exclamation Point" guy from conference? Him. Again, anyways, that isn't the point, the point is that the whole mission got together. This included all senior couples. The meeting really was absolutely tremendous and probably changed my mission and life for the better in a number of ways but that is not what I am going to tell you about. Do you remember me talking about Elder Jim Ritchie, the partner with Covey? He was there and I went to go talk to him because he and his wife are leaving this February early from their mission because they received a different calling in the church (pretty sure he just got called as a 70 or to a different mission). I went and told them what a tremendous impact they have made on my life. I am truly forever changed in my understanding of the Gospel and what I am going to do with my life. I let them know that and how much they meant to me and I got tons of love back. The way they love me and show it is amazing. I say that because it is so dang personal. They love ME. The coolest part about that is one time they told me how many people are on the email-list (the number is close to 10,000). They love EVERYONE on that email list just how they love ME, personally, and fully. They are amazing people and tremendous examples. It put into perspective just a little bit more of how personally God loves ME for ME and how much he loves You for You. He truly does know and love each one of us, and even though his email list is billions of kids long, every last one is a huge deal to him. The way that works is still a little comprehensible, but I do know how the Ritchies gained it. They tapped into the love of God for me, they have got it figured. I love them and I love God, and they love me. Find that love that God has for you personally, it is a cool thing to think about. It will change the way you love.
 
Next week we are probably going on a personal tour of the White House--TIGHT
I am wearing a short sleeve shirt right now, it is warm
I am definitely going to be a stage winning tri guy and probably race as a cyclist maybe a runner
I am stoked to be here and stoked to start real life
I am really really happy today
 
Rock on. Don't let anyone stop you

No comments:

Post a Comment