Monday, November 10, 2014

We are helping a family through an interesting situation right now. They are a wonderful family who have been going to a local Lutheran church for the past 20 years. The interesting thing is that the parents and the oldest daughter are members. The girl was baptized when she was 8 and remembers hardly anything. The parents have deep running testimonies, that have been uncovered slowly by missionaries for the past while. In the middle of our teaching the mother jumped out of her sullen cage of a countenance and said, "I am coming back, we are coming this Sunday. When does it start? I am coming and I am bringing Sara." She finally made the decision to come back. She told us that she has actually stopped going to church over the past three months and is going to go to talk to her Lutheran pastor this week. She told us that she has finally promised God that she will raise her daughter Sara in the gospel even through her other kids have missed out. This all happened because because of Sara I think. She is this women's youngest daughter who finally got here from Bolivia. She is so smart and so inquisitive and has so many questions about the plan of salvation. That is what we taught her last night. She finally reached an understanding and her happiness has helped her mother change. They are nearly done with the excavating, and they are going to get to work on the bridge building. Their journey will be long and difficult, but they are going to make it, the mom dad and Sara at least. The other three children is still left to be seen. I really hope for them. We are going to work for them too.

I am grateful for the gospel in my life. I am grateful for the way that you have always encouraged me to love it and live it but never forced anything on me. Keep up the good work! Keep fostering those desires for good in everything you do especially in those that you would hope that the Gospel would grow again, or for the first time. Keep inviting others to enjoy some of what you feel. I have appreciated your invitations to me. 

I have a sticker on my door telling me that Fedex came to the door but I haven't got the package yet. I think I will get it later today and I am sure I will love it! So thank you in advance. 

Also, I loved the pictures, and expect a really cool quilt for my kid. REALLY COOL. But don't worry, you have quite a few years to brainstorm. 

Send everyone my love. <3<3<3<3

Love//

Elder Bigelow

Here I am back with elder facer, my second companion. We are back to basketball


No comments:

Post a Comment