Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week of Jan 5

A great week again full of all sorts of wonderful things. I'll give
you some highlights

Last night we had a great experience with our "new/returning member
fireside." We get together all of the recent converts in the mission
over the past month together and any returning from inactivity members
as well, and they share their testimonies and their stories. It is
always a wonderful experience but this one seemed even better. All
those who shared their testimonies were so strong and powerful. They
were all so genuine and excited to be a part of the gospel. Being
there helped me reflect and the wonderful blessing that it is to have
a personal testimony. The personal convictions that I have bring me
more happiness and peace when I act on them than anything else in the
world, especially God stuff. I have been studying again a lot about
the ways the spirit communicates with us, and trying to specifically
find more ways that it communicates with me. Last night I think I
finally specifically identified another experience where I was
elevated by the spirit. I did not however have any "burning in the
bosom" moments or any other feeling I personally relate to the spirit
but I was really happy, and I felt I could express my love and
appreciation to all the people there in a way I usually by myself find
hard to do. I feel like that complied with the implications of a
scripture I have been lovin' on recently. Romans 15:13 says --Now the
God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may
abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. In context, I
think the verses before this give the requirement of something along
the lines of, "Gentiles need to glorify God." When that happens verse
13 happens. So, in short: I am a gentile, I glorified God and
appreciated all the things that he has revealed to me and so I felt
great. Woo hoo! It worked

On that same vein of thought we had a lesson with our awesome Puerto
Rican friend Alex. He is a funny guy who pretends to be too cool for
us but always invites us to come back and is trying to read all the
scriptures that we give him... So we think he likes us deep inside. He
is awesome and we are excited to help him keep going.

I hope you all love life and love when you feel great!

Love//

Elder Bigelow
PS I cut my hair again, but this time it is a little different. That
is my best friend. Elder miles. He is from alpine


No comments:

Post a Comment